Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yummy Italian Sandwich Spread

So, last weekend I was experimenting with yummy ingredients and discovered a delicious sandwich spread.

In my food processor I combined fresh garlic, fresh basil, and fresh cilantro. I added olive oil, and a bit of salt and pepper. I put this mixture into a bowl and made sure the garlic was finely chopped. Then I added grated Parmesan and grated Romano cheeses. Viola, delicious spread.

I spread some on Italian bread, added sliced tomato, spinach leaves, sliced onion, and a slice of provolone cheese. Mmmm, vegetarian goodness.

This would also taste delicious with precooked chicken pieces, especially if the chicken is also seasoned with Italian seasonings. It would probably also taste good with Italian cold cut meats, (salami, peperoni, sliced ham, etc.) though I haven't tried it yet.

My family loved every bite. I served these sandwiches with fresh baby carrots and fresh sliced apples. My husband said, "Why go to Panera when you can have this at home?" Of course, I'm not convinced that they really taste as good as Panera, but I certainly enjoyed my meal and I hope you do too. Let me know what you think, okay?

1 comment: