Friday, March 5, 2010

Diabetes

Well, with the possibility that I have diabetes and the fact that I don't have health insurance, I have been searching for alternate techniques of treatment. I did a number of online searches about diabetes and have discovered a few key things.

  • Diabetes is very much dependent upon lifestyle choices.
  • With healthy eating, regular exercise, and other healthy living habits, diabetes can be controlled and even reversed.
  • Cinnamon is a natural item that acts in the body like insulin.
  • Cayenne Fruit/Pepper can also help Diabetes (though I need to be careful with it since I also have GERD.)
  • I will still need to be tested and have regular Dr. appointments.
  • But I am learning as much as I can about what I can do to reverse this condition.

My trouble currently is: I have been trying to lose weight and become healthy for months actually years. So I am very concerned that I will not be able to make changes to my life to reverse this disease for the very same reasons I have been unable to lose weight in the past. But, maybe I am just being fearful. I guess time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I was cautioned by a doctor 3 years ago that I was "pre-diabetic" according to initial tests... that was all it took for me to completely turn around my diet. I haven't changed much in the way of exercise (a good walk 3X/week), but my diet is what has changed the most. I did the South Beach diet strictly for over a year and that got my weight and the pre-diabetic condition completely under control... however, I started to have some hormone problems, which I believe is from all the meat dairy, so now I am going into a realm of eating entirely organic food... and when I do eat carbs (which is reguarly now, though in true moderation), they are whole grain and/or unrefined sugar. I am feeling better now than I have in years. The cost is worth it, though we have had to sacrifice in other areas in order to eat organically. Looking forward to reading more from you! I am encouraged to continue on my path as I read about your journey. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete