Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Recent Healthy Activities

Well, I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. It has been to long.

My journey towards healthy is taking crazy twists and turns. We have discovered that Gluten free living is not working for our family. For one thing, it is expensive. But also, we have not been able to get away from gluten, it seems to be everywhere. Even foods that are supposed to be gluten free have thickener or some additive that has gluten. So unless the label says "gluten free" it is very likely to contain some gluten. And once the label says "gluten free" the price goes up high, unless you can live off of Chex cereal. Good luck to people making gluten free work, I am certainly proud of you!

Actually, another factor went into us giving up on gluten free living. There is a possibility that I have Diabetes type 2. Now in all truth, living gluten free may help in a diabetes menu, since everything is made fresh and has less additives, etc. But, at this time, we need to focus on getting my healthy situation understood and work toward pure healthy living.

So, I am searching for exercise activities that work for our family (cheap, effective, kid friendly, and fun, etc.) I am also looking forward to spring and summer with produce costs going down and perhaps growing a garden. I continue to research natural healing resources and true health, including healthy foods and activities, etc.

I will continue to post things as I come across them and as I continue on this journey. If you have any questions or blog topic suggestions, I would be happy to oblige. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment