Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Journey Begins . . .

I am 31 years old and I have been unhealthy for over 20 years. I have spent years trying to lose weight, exercise more, make myself "Beautiful" and all the rest. I have tried so many different methods attempting to reach the goal of "pretty." I have tried to meet the standards set by my parents, my grandparents, my friends, society and even my imagination. Well, nothing has worked long term. As the years have gone on and time continued to pass without true life change, I have come to realize I am dying.

Yep, you read it right, I am dying. Through years of being over weight, making poor food choices, making poor exercise choices, and letting past hurts feed my habits . . . well, my lifestyle is taking its toll on my body. I do not have cancer. I do not have diabetes, yet. I do not have any disease that I know of that can be diagnosed and treated medically. Nope, I have obesity and it is killing me.

So, I have decided my goal is no longer to be "pretty." Though in all honesty, if it is a bi-product, then "Yippee." Rather, the goal is Healthy! I am going to become healthy and this blog is dedicated to that topic and that pursuit.

You are welcome to join me on my journey, but ultimately each person must make the journey their own. We can encourage each other and help each other through the obstacles, but we must each take the next step on our own. That being said, "Let the Journey Begin"

No comments:

Post a Comment