Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Temptation

My biggest temptation is Fun Food at the end of a long day. Each day I care for my three kids, my husband, my home and anything else that needs attention. At the end of the day I look forward to my time. I like to watch a show and eat fun food.

As I am on this journey toward healthy, I find that I can make wise choices in the morning and even into the afternoon. But when the sky is dark, my kids are in bed, and I'm ready to relax . . . that is when the cravings and desires kick into high gear.

Where is the chocolate? Where are the chips? I need my cold soda pop, salty snack and sweet dessert. I sit in front of my DVD player with my show and food . . . I'm ready for "ME" time.

Old habits, Die hard. I like my routine. It feels good. It tastes good.

Now, the wise decisions. The old routine led to an unhealthy body. And if I keep doing what I have been doing, I will keep living as I have lived and continue being as unhealthy as I am.

So, my plan of action includes limiting the Fun Foods in my home. No more chips. No more chocolate. Very little soda pop. More tea and water. More fresh fruit and vegetables. More willingness to change my routine in order to change my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment